JOB TITLE: Business Analyst
We are looking to add an experienced Business Analyst to our team. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills to work with our VP of Sales, marketing team and sales team to promote the best customer service we can. The ideal candidate will possess strong problem solving, organizational, data analysis, critical thinking and communication skills. The ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment, thinking on your feet and problem solving, interactive with your team and customers, and a strong attention to detail are required.
- Data analysis: Data analysis is the ability to interpret large amounts of information and draw conclusions from it. Business analysts use data analysis to determine how to improve sales and marketing strategies. They analyze data to find trends and patterns, which helps them identify areas of improvement.
- Communication: Communication is the act of conveying information to others. Business analysts often communicate with other members of a sales team, so excellent communication skills are essential. They also communicate with clients and customers, so they need to be able to explain complex ideas in a way that’s easy to understand.
- Problem-solving: Problem-solving skills allow you to identify and address issues that may arise during the sales process. As a business analyst, you may be responsible for ensuring that sales goals are met and that the sales team is aware of any issues that may affect their ability to meet those goals.
- Critical thinking: Critical thinking is the ability to analyze a situation and make a decision based on the information you have. Business analysts use critical thinking skills to make recommendations for improving sales processes. They may also use critical thinking to identify areas of improvement for sales processes and make suggestions for how to change them.
- Organization: Organization is another skill that can be helpful for business analysts. This is because they often have many tasks to complete in a day and keeping track of all of their responsibilities can help them to be more productive.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Collect and distribute sales reports on a weekly and monthly basis
- Develop methods and strategies for assessing large amounts of data using database management, Sage ERP, power queries, etc
- Develop, analyze and provide recommendations on VOID reports and sales trend data by Parent, Bill to, Ship to
- Manage and update sales budgets and forecasts
- Manage and update Customer and Item Profitability Database weekly
- Manage and distribute weekly reports such as GAP To Budget, GAP to Open Orders
- Use sales prediction software to determine future trends
- Manage and track sales Incentive programs
- Manage S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning) forecasting and analytics. Work with Material Management and Planning to optimize working capital through improved forecast accuracy
- Manage, Implement and Integrate a CRM with Customer Service, Sales, IT, Finance to provide actionable knowledge management (Customer ordering patterns, success of marketing campaigns, promotions, spiffs, etc)
- Manage and Report out on Sales Pipeline Key Metrics:
- Closure Rates
- Total Pipeline $ and Cases
- Timing for Closure
- Stagnant Accounts
- Ensure accounts with >75% probability of success to win get transitioned to S&OP forecast
- Manage, track and analyze all customer promotion activities working closely with sales, marketing and customer service
- Develop pricing strategies to grow share of higher profitability Items
- Conduct business case analysis (ROI) on large bid volumes and / or dispenser lease agreements
- Conduct analysis on Annual Customer Rebate Programs (SVI, Quarterly, TVI, etc)
- Manage all customer rebate templates and send out to the sales team monthly
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Marketing and / or Economics
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a analysis or
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with CRM, ERP, and database software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Power Queries and Database Management
Business analysts work in a fast-paced environment where they are constantly interacting with people, whether it is on the phone, via email, or in person. They need to be able to think on their feet and be quick thinkers in order to solve problems that arise. They also need to be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines. Business analysts typically work a regular 40-hour workweek, but they may have to work overtime during busy periods.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Eagle Bridge, NY 12057: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
How to Apply:
- Download our job application.
- Fill out the application and save it to your computer.
- Upload the completed application along with your resume using the form below.
Apply Online Now
"*" indicates required fields