JOB TITLE: IT Specialist
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SUPERVISION: Reports to Director IT & Infrastructure
Morcon Tissue is seeking an IT Support Specialist to join our team and provide technical assistance to our staff and customers. This individual will be responsible for troubleshooting hardware and software issues, setting up and configuring computer systems, and ensuring smooth IT operations within the organization. The IT Support Specialist will deliver exceptional customer service, resolve technical problems promptly, and contribute to maintaining a reliable IT infrastructure. If you are a tech-savvy problem solver with a passion for helping others, this role is perfect for you.
- Provide helpdesk support to end users via phone, email, and remote access. Troubleshoot hardware, software, printers, and other network related issues.
- Train users on IT systems and software.
- Manage relationships and serve as liaison with IT vendors and assist in evaluating potential new vendors and IT solutions.
- Assist with server and account administration including Microsoft Office and 365 suites.
- Provide technical support for marketing systems and initiatives, including website updates and management.
- Maintain inventory of IT hardware assets.
- Install, configure, and maintain computer systems and software applications.
- Onboard new employees including account setup, workstation configuration, and training.
- Assist with developing and maintaining IT policies, procedures, system documentation
- Support IT Director with project management, security and infrastructure initiatives, and communications.
- Additional duties as needed, including but not limited to: ERP system management, phone system & cell phone management, AI related initiatives and more.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or a related field, with a focus on networking, systems administration, or security or 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in IT, with a demonstrated track record of success in troubleshooting and resolving IT problems.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and isolate the root cause of complex problems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Experience with a variety of IT systems and software, including Windows Server, networking hardware, Office365, Office software suite and SAGE 100 ERP.
- IT certifications, such as the CompTIA A+, Network+, and Security+ certifications are not required but are beneficial.
- Experience with Python, SQL, HTML/CSS, Visual Basic, Excel Power Query is a plus.
- A sense of curiosity and desire to work in technology and continually learn and grow.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Lift and move objects up to 45 pounds each
- Pushing, pulling, lifting, and/or carrying objects up to 25 pounds may be required
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment as assigned, is required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. With my signature below, I attest that I can perform the essential functions of the job without any accommodation.
How to Apply:
- Download our job application.
- Fill out the application and save it to your computer.
- Upload the completed application along with your resume using the form below.
Apply Online Now
"*" indicates required fields