JOB TITLE: Logistics Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUPERVISION: Reports to Logistics Manager
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for preparation and processing of material movements specifically in regards to documentation and scheduling for outbound and inbound shipments. This position will work directly with the Logistics Planner and other departments to ensure all documentation is accurately processed and received in a timely manner in regards to shipping, receiving, inventory and sourcing as required. This position will also serve as a backup to the Logistics Planner.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Create and process shipping documentation including packing lists, bills of lading and labels as necessary.
- Review load tenders, bills of lading, pick lists and other records from outside sources for accuracy and follow up.
- Process advance shipping notices (ASN’s), shipping labels and other documents necessary for customer shipments.
- Maintain, manage and coordinate inbound and outbound scheduling through the use of transportation management system with all Morcon facilities.
- Record and report receipts and inventory transfers for outsourced and internal material movements.
- Follow up with transportation agents in regards to track and trace of shipments.
- Communicate with customers, vendors and shippers to ensure accurate and timely delivery of goods.
- Work with the Logistics Planner and other departments to resolve issues regarding customer service and material movement.
- Perform additional duties, as needed
- Previous shipping/receiving experience, preferred
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to prioritize with changing situations.
- Proficient knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office; Excel and Word.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Customer service oriented with an ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Understanding of routing and scheduling software.
- Familiar with SAP
- Required to regularly use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls
- Required to regularly reach with hands and arms
- Frequently required to sit, stand, talk and hear
How to Apply:
- Download our job application.
- Fill out the application and save it to your computer.
- Upload the completed application along with your resume using the form below.