JOB TITLE: Logistics Planner
The Logistics Planner is responsible for overseeing and optimizing the planning of material movement to nationwide customers and Morcon facilities ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction while working closely with other departments to facilitate internal requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Freight planning and routing of customer orders by the most cost efficient means of transportation to stay within company budgets
- Review, recommend and plan most cost efficient means of transportation in regards to inbound raw materials and outsourced items
- Coordinate return shipments through cost effective means
- Use of Transportation Management System in regards to load tendering and dispatch, freight rates and reporting
- Instruct carrier agents and work to resolve transportation issues in regards to customer service and material management
- Coordinate and investigate charge backs in regards to shortages, lost/damage product and missed deliveries with carrier account representatives
- Review carrier invoices in Transportation Management System entered in client resolution for follow up and action
- Work with Logistics Manager in regards to carrier agreements, rates, scorecards and reviews
- Manage logistical service issues through communication and escalate as required
- Prepare reports and participate in continuous improvement projects as needed
- Perform additional duties, as needed
- 1 year experience within the transportation field, preferred
- Understanding of transportation requirements, industry knowledge and terminology, preferred
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to prioritize with changing situations
- Thorough understanding of transportation modes and solutions
- Proficient knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office; Excel and Word
- Strong problem solving, decision making, critical thinking and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Customer service oriented with an ability to handle multiple tasks
How to Apply:
- Download our job application.
- Fill out the application and save it to your computer.
- Upload the completed application along with your resume using the form below.