Location: 2536 James Baker Blvd, Great Falls, SC, 29055
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supervision: Reports to the Shift Leader
The material handler position is responsible for the preparation and staging of raw material for machine operators. Material Handlers are also responsible for packaging and transporting finished product for shipment.
Now Offering a $500 Sign-On BONUS!
Morcon Tissue is an equal opportunity employer that offers a competitive compensation and benefits package for employees, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401k Match
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Time
- 8-hour shifts with paid breaks and lunches
In addition to our excellent benefits, Morcon offers a thriving work culture that encourages employee satisfaction and success. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement within our organization if you meet the above qualifications and have the desire to learn and achieve great things for yourself and Morcon Tissue.
- Secure work areas to maintain a safe working environment
- Prepare and stage raw material such as boxes, sleeves and paper rolls for the machine operators
- Communicate with forklift drivers to obtain materials as needed
- Prepare paper rolls for roll changes, cutting excess paper from roll
- Transport packed boxes to appropriate pallets
- Perform proper stacking method according to product type
- Wrap stacked pallets and transport them to designated areas by using a pallet jack
- Maintain clean working areas by removing parent roll cores, sweeping, emptying trash cans and dumping waste into bailers
- The ability to multi-task and manage a fast-paced environment
- Quality, safety and productivity are required
- Must be 18 years old
- Must be able to frequently lift boxes that weigh up to 45 lbs
- Repetitive use of the hands and arms in packing our finished product
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, 3 hours
- Must be able to work in a non-climate-controlled environment which is hot in the summer months and comfortable during cooler weather
How to Apply:
Apply online by following the steps below:
- Download our job application.
- Fill out the application and save it to your computer.
- Upload the completed application along with your resume using the form below.