What better way to celebrate Earth Day 2021 than by doing our part for the environment. Earth Day is much more than just a single day, it is a valuable lifestyle and mindset that we can all invest in and make a part of our daily lives!
Here at Morcon, being eco-friendly has always been part of our products. Many of our napkins, towels, and tissues meet the EPA guidelines for minimum post-consumer content. Our Kraft products are 100% recycled, helping your business be environmentally friendly.
We can all do our part to conserve, protect and take care of our environment. Here are a few things that we can do to make a difference:
- Try participating in meatless Mondays! Going meatless can have a positive impact on the environment.
- If your work situation allows you to walk, ride a bike or even carpool to the office, then you should consider that. The less cars on the road, the better off the atmosphere will be.
- Can you dig it? If yes, make your own garden. Not only will you save money by growing your own veggies and spices, but also it will help enrich the area.
- Take a stand against deforestation and consider donating to The Canopy Project, where every dollar plants a tree.
- Get a recycling plan in place! Know what your local area accepts and research how to reuse or reprocess items such as electronic waste (home appliances TVs, batteries, etc.) which is a growing issue.
- Avoid or reduce using single-use plastic items. Glass products can easily be reused and paper products are much friendlier to the environment.
- Be sure to carry reusable grocery bags with you and use these instead of plastic bags during your next visit to the grocery store. Some states have even banned the use of plastic bags, so be sure you are prepared!
- Take some time to enjoy nature. Go for a walk. Hike a mountain. Ride your bike through the park. Getting in touch with nature is a great reminder as to why you should be protecting your environment.
- If you are looking for an easy way to start “going green,” then switch all of your bills to e-bills and online invoices. Save trees and stay organized with everything in the palm of your cellphone hand.
- Integrate a simple act of green into your daily routine. Take a shorter shower and use a water-saving showerhead.
Head over to earthday.org for these and many more tips to start making a greener difference! They also have additional educational resources available for everyone.
As we said, don’t just focus on Earth Day – imagine how much you could do if this was a focus every day during the entire year. Today can be the start of your new eco-friendly lifestyle!