In today’s world, sustainability is more than just a buzzword; it’s a commitment to the future. At Morcon Tissue, we understand the vital role we play in preserving our environment, and we take that responsibility seriously. We’re proud to share our journey towards sustainability, our dedication to using recycled content, and our achievement of various environmental certifications, including Green Seal for two of our staple items the M99 and R6800.
The Importance of Sustainability
Sustainability isn’t just about being environmentally responsible; it’s about creating a better world for current and future generations. At Morcon Tissue, we believe that responsible business practices are not only good for the planet but also good for our customers and our bottom line.
Here are some of the key reasons why sustainability is so important to us:
1. Environmental Impact: The paper industry has the potential to harm the environment significantly. By embracing sustainability, we reduce our carbon footprint, minimize water and energy usage, and protect natural habitats.
2. Customer Expectations: Today’s consumers are increasingly eco-conscious. They demand products from companies that share their values. By prioritizing sustainability, we meet these expectations and build trust with our customers.
3. Regulatory Compliance: Governments and regulatory bodies worldwide are imposing stricter environmental regulations. By proactively adopting sustainable practices, we ensure compliance with these evolving standards.
Recycled Content: A Commitment to Sustainability
One of the key pillars of our sustainability strategy is the use of recycled content in our products. Recycling paper not only conserves trees but also reduces the energy and water required to manufacture paper products from scratch. Here’s how Morcon Tissue is incorporating recycled content into our offerings:
1. Recycled Paper Sourcing: We source high-quality recycled paper to create our towels, tissues, and napkins. By using recycled fibers, we reduce the demand for virgin resources, contributing to a circular economy.
2. Sustainable Manufacturing: Our manufacturing processes are designed to minimize waste and energy consumption. We continuously invest in technology and processes that reduce our environmental impact.
3. Product Innovation: We are committed to creating products that are not only sustainable but also high-performing. Our recycled content products meet or exceed industry standards for quality and performance.
Environmental Certifications: A Testament to Our Commitment
In addition to our dedication to sustainability and recycled content, Morcon Tissue is proud to hold various environmental certifications that further validate our commitment to protecting the environment. These certifications include:
1. Green Seal: Our two products certified by Green Seal include the M99 and R6800. However, we will be adding more into this certification as we move into 2024. But what is Green Seal? Green Seal is an independent organization that verifies the environmental and performance standards of products. Green Seal certification ensures that our products are not only environmentally responsible but also safe and effective. Learn more about the Morcon products awarded this certification here: https://certified.greenseal.org/company/morcon
2. FSC (Forest Stewardship Council): We source our paper from responsibly managed forests and hold FSC Chain of Custody certification. This certification guarantees that our paper products come from forests that meet the highest environmental and social standards.
3. EPA Compliance: Our products are in compliance with all of the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s (USEPA) Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines under the federal Recovered Materials Advisory Notice (RMAN). These EPA guidelines set forth minimum content standards as a percentage of total recovered fiber. This chart compares Morcon Products with minimum USEPA guidelines.
|USEPA GUIDELINES||MORCON STANDARDS|
Fiber , Minimum
Fiber , Minimum Content %
|Postconsumer Fiber (%)||Total Recovered Fiber (%)|
Morcon Products meet all federal guidelines for post-consumer fiber content, and our products greatly exceed minimum federal standards for total recovered fiber.
At Morcon Tissue, we recognize that sustainability, recycled content, and environmental certifications are not just checkboxes; they are core principles that guide our business. We are proud to be a company that values the environment and is committed to making a positive impact.
Thank you for choosing Morcon Tissue, where sustainability and environmental responsibility are not just commitments but a way of life!