Spring Cleaning List and Tips with Morcon
Morcon’s Spring Cleaning List and Tips!
As of this past weekend, Springtime is officially here!
The snow is melting and patches of green grass are popping up around us. What a wild winter season we had, but now it is time to enjoy sunshine and warm weather.
A tradition during this time of year is the annual push to refresh and tidy up our living and workspaces. With many of us working-from-home this past year, cleaning out our spaces is necessary to stay productive and organized. Rooms including, but not limited to dining rooms, bedrooms, living rooms, and more became our temporary home offices. The process for returning to normalcy may be a great opportunity to deep clean your space.
The below spring cleaning checklist provides tips, tricks, and a room guide of what chores and tasks you should focus on to get your space ready for warmer weather. Of course, using any of our commercial hardwound towel products for your business chores can also assist in accomplishing Spring-cleaning efficiently and effectively.
Kitchen (home or at your food service environment)
- Toss expired foods from the fridge, pantry and freezer
- Organize all kitchen cabinets
- Organize kitchen drawers
- Clean and disinfect the garbage disposal
- Clean and disinfect your trash can
- Clean all the stovetop burners & change the hood vent
- Give the microwave a deep cleaning
- Restock cooking, cleaning & emergency essentials
- Throw out unnecessary items under the sink
- Wipe down walls and backsplashes
- Disinfect all handles, fixtures and light switches
Did you know? TAD towels, or through-air-dry towels, are ideal for cleaning spills, sanitizing surfaces and hand drying. These type of TAD towel products are created using technology that removes water during production by pulling high temperature air through the sheets. By using air, manufacturers are able to maintain the fiber thickness and provide up to twice the bulk an absorption capacity for the same basis weight! This leads to a premium quality TAD towel that is highly absorbent and softer than other paper towels out there.
- Flip the mattresses
- Wash all blankets and comforter covers
- Wash pillows and re-fluff in the dryer
- Pack away all winter clothes, donate anything you won’t use again
- Weed out junk from the closet and reorganize
- Clean under the bed
- Organize your nightstand, dresser & closets
- Donate kids’ toys, clothes & books no longer being used
- Disinfect all knobs, fixtures and light switches (TAD roll towels are great for this too 😊)
- Replace shower curtain liner
- Deep clean the tub or shower, including faucets & drains
- Clean & disinfect toilet and tighten toilet lid hinges
- Clean mirrors and metal fixtures
- Refill soap, lotion and shampoo dispensers
- Restock linen closet with essentials
- Wipe down drawers and throw out junk
- Throw floor mats in the wash
- Wipe down exhaust fans
- Re-caulk the bathtub and re-seal tile & grout
- Scrub and wipe down walls
- Disinfect all knobs, fixtures and light switches
Looking for premium bath tissue at the office or in your home? That is where our tissues can help! Our 1 and 2-ply commercial bath tissue paper products featuring a range of core sizes and sheet counts are ideal for restrooms, cafeterias, offices, commercial buildings, sports stadiums, restaurants, and everything in between. Check out the small core coreless alternative M1000 or larger core M600 for at-home use.
- Clean dryer vent
- Clean inside washing machine
- Dust behind/underneath washer and dryer
- Sweep and mop floors
- Clean and organize contents on shelving
- Eliminate unnecessary cleaning products
- Install organizers to hold cleaning products
- Disinfect door knobs and light switch plates
- Dust crown molding, wall corners, and floor molding
- Clean and disinfect light switches and outlets
- Dust and polish wood cabinets (TAD towels are great for acting as a wiper in these type of applications)
- Dust and clean windows, inside and out
- Clean and declutter hutch cabinets and drawers
- Wash table linens
- Wash table cushions
- Clean light fixtures and wash globes
- Disinfect table and wipe down all chairs, including legs and underneath
- Remove rug, shake, vacuum and clean floor before replacing rug
Using high-quality disinfecting products including paper towels and bath tissue options are crucial to properly sanitizing and refreshing your spaces. Make sure to add these to your Spring cleaning supplies checklist.
Overall, mass cleaning your home and office space may seem like a lot of work but doing so can be benefit your physical and mental health and put you in an overall better mood! Need a more in-depth game plan, tips, and tricks for tackling this project? Check out Porch’s Spring Cleaning and Home Maintenance post for more spring clean up ideas!
And if you need quality commercial paper products, think Morcon! You can learn more about our full line of towels, napkins, and tissues by visiting our product catalog or by giving us a call today at 518-677-8511 to speak to a helpful customer service team member.
Happy Spring Cleaning Week!